Sunday, June 9, 2013

Talley's Belt

A good friend of mine Received a gift that she just would never use and immediately thought of me.  Through friends transportation and passing off to more friends the floor model inkle loom finally made it up to me my birthday week.  How cool was that!  So the first weave on it was just for her.





I used Red Heart Crochet Cotton size 10 for this in Green and black.  I used a warped in design for the edges and alternate pick up technique for the diamonds.  To do this pattern you would need to warp your inkle loom as follows:


H-  B B  G  G  B  G   G  B  B  B  G  G  G  G  G  G  G  B  B  B  G  G  B  G  G  B  B
O-  B  B  G  G  G  G  G  B  B  B  B  B  B  B   B  B  B  B  B  B  G  G  G  G  G  B  B



Weave a base of about 5 green stripes before starting your pattern.  The pick up pattern is pretty simple.  Pick ups happen on only one color.  for me I chose the green stripe for my pattern strip because I had an easier time seeing the black threads.  for each black thread you pick up you will push its corresponding green thread down.  the next row will be normal.  no pick ups.  Below is the chart I created for this diamond.



I put a green stripe between each diamond to let them stand out.  As you see the diamond is made by each successive row being alternating black threads.  this means no long floats to get snagged and the weaving stays stable.  Each thread has a two row float, but that is it.  this lets it appear to "puff" up off the base weaving structure.  On the back side of this there is green diamonds instead of the black.  It is completely reversible.  Once you have repeated this process to the desired length Weave the basic stipe for another  5 green stripes and end in your preferred method.  As this was meant as a belt I used a simple knotted fringe at each end and trimmed to equal length.


I hope you have a blast weaving this too!


No comments:

Post a Comment